First Dragonfly Prototype

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Dragonfly Prototype

Post by skip77 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Guys, when I was hard at developing prototypes back in 2011-2012, I had multiple approaches on the table, one of which, was a dragonfly topwater lure. It was a lot of fun to develop and the only reason I did not take it to the end was that DD Bart emerged and with orders pouring in I was unable to continue the other prongs of lure development. At least 2 lure companies hacked my dragonfly designs - back then I was posting videos every day showing stages of the development process for all the different approaches I was investigating, including the dragonfly. A couple other lure makers liked my dragonfly designs and while I was busy meeting demands for DD Bart, they rolled out their dragonfly lures.

I am thinking about building a few more for the fun of it and who knows, maybe I'll take the design to the finish line this year, will see. I still have Peanut Mouse on the work table and plan to move it to the finish line this year also. For now, I may build a few prototype dragonflies and make them available for auction. One thing that was unexpected and cool for me was casting the dragonfly prototypes - they actually sailed thru the air upright like a balsa wood plane - amazing. My prototypes were rather light so they didn't cast real far but they cast well enough that I caught bass on several different dragonfly designs. Was great fun.

Below is a video showing my first dragonfly prototype and for this video I edited out the table talk segments to keep it more brief. If you would be interested to bid on a dragonfly prototype, please comment and let me know. Thx 4 everything guys, God bless and bass wishes.

skip77

View user profile http://www.clatterbrat.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First Dragonfly Prototype

Post by Dogfish63 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Double hook design...love it!

Dogfish63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top